Tuesday, June 17, 2014

1.17 Bedtime - Journaling

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventeenth day of each month is "Bedtime."
***************************



For Christmas last year, I bought myself a 5-year journal.  Each day there is a prompt and a space to write something brief for the day.  I diligently fill out my journal as part of my nighttime routine every night. Even when I’m traveling, I pack my journal so that I can spend that minute at night recording my thoughts. Sometimes the prompts are serious like the “who do you miss right now?” question I had last week or they are silly like the “how much pocket change do you have on you right now?” that made me laugh since I was in my pajamas when I was filling it out.



It’s only my first year of filling it out, but I’m really looking forward to seeing how the answers to some of the questions change as the years pass by. Because, really, you can tell a lot about how your life is going by how willing you are to sit down and count up the pennies in your pockets.

***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.  

1 comment:

  1. I've had a 5 year journal for 2.5 years now (no prompts in mine though, I just record something from that day) and it's fun to look back on what I was doing a year or two ago. :)

    ReplyDelete