Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2.29 Music - Dobro

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
My husband used to play guitar. And then he got some arthritis in his hand and he started playing the mandolin because it was easier on some of the joints he had problems with. I HATED the mandolin with all of my heart - it was a killer on my ears and pushed all of my overloaded sensory buttons.  But then his thumb started giving him trouble and he did some research and determined that the dobro was really the right instrument for him in terms of not making me crazy and not aggravating his arthritis.
So the dobro hangs out in our bedroom and the boy mostly practices it while I am out of the house.  He currently has this Gold Tone dobro, but I'm pretty sure it won't last long. He's interested in Beard dobros and I'm pretty sure that within the time of this photo project, there will be another set of photos of a different dobro. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment