Thursday, July 31, 2014

2.31 Guilty Pleasures - Sparkling Water

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the thirty-first day of each month is "Guilty Pleasures."
****************************

I'm not going to lie. I feel a tremendous amount of guilt over the amount of bottled water I consume.  It's an absolute waste of resources, what with the plastic that's used and the fact that there's perfectly potable water in a tap somewhere nearby, no matter where I am.

But I love carbonated water.  I love that it's not caloric, but it still gives me the same burn that a nice Coca-Cola gives.  But it's bad for the environment and is probably actually just water from some local tap that has just as many particulates as the water in my own tap at home.

The above water bottles are from Walgreens and the black cherry sparkling water is the best new discovery of food and drink that I have discovered since I found out how very much I adore kohlrabi.  It's not available at my Walgreens in Nowhere, Wisconsin, but it is available in most of the bigger (midwestern) cities I've been to including Chicago, Minneapolis, and Madison.   I highly recommend it if you want a delicious refreshing treat that may make your guilt about the environment and water resources kick in!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment