Thursday, August 21, 2014

3.21 Laughter - Super Stars MusiCards

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-first day of each month is "Laughter."
****************************
Part of my birthday present from my husband included a Bowling Green t-shirt from a store called Homage, based out of Ohio. I love this store for a variety of reasons, especially that a fair number of their products are made in the United States and/or Canada and they have BGSU gear, but I also love that when I opened the package with my shirt in it, a package of ProSet MusiCards was included in the order.  I have no idea why they were included (the 1991 package, if anyone's curious), but Dr. BB and I had a good laugh over them, especially the insert that included a contest that ended on December 31, 1991.

And if you want more information on any of the above artists (who is Shy?), just turn the card over!  Plenty of knowledge to be had there. 
It actually kind of makes me sad to read the back of the card about Bobby Brown. When these cards were published, Brown hadn't yet been married to Whitney Houston and no one knew the train wreck that was about to happen in his life.  Maybe I'll send it to him as a reminder of his life before things got out of control.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment