Friday, August 22, 2014

3.22 Seven Deadly Sins - Lust (Vetiver)

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-second day of each month is "Seven Deadly Sins."
****************************
You know what I like a lot?  A nice smelling guy.  I've written in the past about how my husband's signature scent was the now-discontinued Helmut Lang Cuiron Pour Homme when we first started dating and even now, lo these many years later, when he wears a certain sweater, I swear I can smell that leathery, smoky scent.

So the search for a new signature scent took years, but we've discovered that I am a fan of the scent of vetiver in all its deliciousness when the boy wears it.   
What you see here are the scents that make me snuggle with the boy whenever he wears them - Parfums Divine L'homme de coeur, Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe, and Comme des Garcons Vettiveru. I am not going to tell you how incredibly pissed I am that Jo Malone stopped making Black Vetyver Cafe (*heavy sigh* - it's Helmut Lang all over again), but I did buy out the last 100mL bottle I could find in Chicago recently. 

And if anyone is curious about what I wear, the truth is that I don't regularly wear perfumes because I'm kind of sensitive about smells, particularly when I'm eating.  I really, really, really, don't like to wear scents that smell like food (citrus or vanilla, for example) because I will think about that food all day long. I used to say I was anti-flower scents, too, until I got a small sample of Wild Bluebell when I purchased the giant bottle of Black Vetyver Cafe. It turns out I am an English garden kind of girl.  But I only wear it on special occasions like going to get an oil change or the maintenance guy is coming to fix the bathroom fan. I'm fancy like that.

****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

2 comments:

  1. But I only wear it on special occasions like going to get an oil change or the maintenance guy is coming to fix the bathroom fan. I'm fancy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh so hard I wet myself.

    ReplyDelete