Thursday, September 18, 2014

4.18 Favorite Memories - Best Concert Ever

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighteenth day of each month is "Favorite Memories."
****************************
Last weekend I went with my friend, The Angry Taoist, to see Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinios. I had built up huge expectations of this event and I am going to brag a little bit and admit that it lived up to all of my dreams. It's true that he didn't sing "I Don't Have to Wonder" or "The Red Strokes" or "She's Every Woman," but I heard many great songs, jumped up down like a fucking kangaroo, and screamed out "you can kiss my ass" at the appropriate time.  It was marvelous.
Our hotel was about three miles from the venue and being bad asses, we just walked. See, the traffic was bad and we would have had to pay for parking or a cab and, you know, we just walked.  And then we walked back afterwards, which was awesome because there were cars coming in for the second show of the night at the same time everyone from the early show was leaving and I would have lost my ever loving mind if I would have had to deal with that tangle of traffic. 
Obligatory blurry concert pic.
If you get a chance to see Brooks (and Yearwood, to a lesser extent, ha ha ha), you absolutely must. It was the best concert experience ever - Brooks has a charismatic persona on stage, the fans are enthusiastic and lovely, and I can't get over just how much excitement was in the air. 

Two very happy thumbs up from me!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. I show people video with the sound off because, even though you can clearly hear Garth Brooks singing awesomely, you can EVEN MORE CLEARLY hear me singing terribly. It's hilarious. Wooo-hooo!

    ReplyDelete