Friday, September 19, 2014

4.19 My Best Friend - Everything I Do

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
What do you do when you're upset or sad?  Well, as much as I would like to say that I call up my best friend and we go out for mochas, in the end what I do is call up my best friend and she makes me laugh. We don't live near each other and I don't have any close female friends here, so our communication is by phone.  I remember calling her, hysterically crying, the day after Thanksgiving last year, and by the end of the conversation, I had some perspective and was even laughing a little bit.  So, yes, I do wish we could hang out in person more often, but I also know that I can count on her even though she lives hundreds of miles away.

And occasional greeting cards like the one below that sent me into gales of laughter.  If you don't have someone in your life who will send you handwritten lyrics to a cheesy pop song from a movie starring Kevin Costner, you are really missing out on the best parts of life. My favorite part is that she made sure to mark the chorus appropriately.  As if I didn't know the song beat by beat already.
Perhaps I should pretend that my husband* is the bagel to my cream cheese and the peanut butter to my jelly, but we all know who really has that honor. So, here's to best friends everywhere.  BFFs 4Eva.
The front of the card. Just in case you wanted to get the "joke."

*He is more like the accessories package to my car purchase. I would be absolutely adequate without him, of course, and some people would be satisfied with the very basic car, but I'm so much better with him. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment