Saturday, September 20, 2014

4.20 Lessons - Be Prepared

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twentieth day of each month is "Lessons."
****************************
I'm traveling for work and apparently the entire world came to Chicago this weekend so when the person who arranges travel accommodations for our office finally bothered to book me a room (on Tuesday - this training has been booked for months), the only room available in a six mile radius of where I need to be was in a shady motel where I can hear the neighbor's television playing one of the six channels offered, there is no soap, hair dryer, or towels (!), and I feel the need to sleep on top of the comforter. 

Also, the curtains won't close all the way. Since my view out the window is the parking lot, this had to be fixed. Enter: safety pins.
What? You don't travel with a full sewing kit and your own soap?  You clearly do not travel on my company's dime very often.
Yes, I did complain about the lodging.  Vociferously.  Yes, next weekend I will be in a hotel that has a hair dryer. But I'll still bring my supplies.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. It never occurs to me to bring safety pins or sewing supplies when I travel. It's a good thing you had your own! It doesn't sound like this is the sort of place in which the front desk could supply everything. I rarely travel for work, but last year I had to attend a conference and we stayed in an eccentric and musty smelling fake Swiss chalet in New Glaurus, Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete