Thursday, October 16, 2014

5.16 Beauty - Crossed Off

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixteenth day of each month is "Beauty."
****************************
Sometimes what is beautiful is simply a to do list that is not overwhelming. Also, seeing a crossed out list to remind me off all I have accomplished already this week.  Day to day can be overwhelming because there are so many little things that just don't make the list, but it's good to have a reminder that things do eventually get done.  I don't need external headpats for doing my job, but I do need internal motivation.
I'll ignore the stacks of grading still to be done, the blue books stacked in the corner as a warning against being too confident that I have it all together, and the emails of complaint constantly vying for my attention.
Because today all I have to do is write all my lectures for a class next week, teach a class on campus, come home and get the CSA basket, clean the vegetables, figure out something for dinner, drive to Madison, teach a four hour class, and drive home.  I got this.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment