Friday, October 17, 2014

5.17 Bedtime - The Final Sigh

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventeenth day of each month is "Bedtime."
****************************
You know the moment - you slide into the sheets, your head hits the pillow, and you let out that final sigh for the day. My favorite moments of the day are when the boy wakes me up in the morning, when the kitty climbs on my lap for pets, when the boy and I covertly sneak away in the middle of the afternoon for a cuppa together, and that moment at the end of the day, all thoughts of whatever crappiness happened goes away, and we both sigh and reach across the bed to hold hands for a brief second before we reach over, kiss goodnight, and close our eyes.
Tomorrow we're going on a "canopy tour" of the fall colors here. They claim to be "world class," and you know that I aspire to classiness, so I've been pressuring the boy into going for the better part of two years now. It involves a zip line and what I can only imagine is absolute joy.  Here's a sneak peek of the glory I'm going to be in the midst of in just a mere twenty-four hours.
Click to make bigger!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment