Thursday, November 20, 2014

6.20 Lessons - Lunch

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twentieth day of each month is "Lessons."
****************************
Lunch has historically posed problems in our household. It used to be a never ending source of angst for me until I explained to the boy how much stress it was causing me and HE TOOK OVER HIS OWN LUNCH.  It's not like we have chores split down the gender norms, but somehow I had taken on lunch as part of my duties, along with things like taking care of Zelda's food and litter, vacuuming, and putting gas in the car and with his food intolerances and allergies and needing two times as many calories as I need, I just couldn't hack figuring out what to do with his lunch* anymore.
And, I swear I am in my mid-30s and it just recently occurred to me, but I can prepare most of my lunch the night before.  This is life altering. I don't need to take five minutes in the morning to chop vegetables and put some pretzels in my lunch cooler - I can do it the night before and sleep for another five minutes.

Now I've got lunch handled.  (Yes. This is common sense to all of you people who have common sense.)

*Dr. BB's normal lunch: A sandwich with Udi's Gluten Free Millet Chia Bread, Oscar Meyer Selects lunch meat, mayo, and lettuce; a carefully portioned out serving of Ruffles Original potato chips; a handful of almonds; a cheese stick; a beverage of some sort with many, many calories, like a Coke or a Pepsi

*My normal lunch: A giant container of vegetables; one carefully measured tablespoon of ranch dressing; a 100-calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole; one serving of pretzels; occasionally I treat myself to fruit like a pear or a serving of apple cider
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment