Thursday, December 18, 2014

7.18 Favorite Memories - Greetings From Everywhere

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighteenth day of each month is "Favorite Memories."
****************************
Every year I hang a red and green ribbon over the doorway to our bedroom and use teeny tiny clothespins to display our holiday cards. (Maybe this is hyperbole. I don't do this "every year." I've done it every year we've lived here which is three years now.) This is what we have so far this year.
I am in total agreement with RA that every year I struggle with what to do with them after this step. Dr. BB doesn't let me keep the card display up much longer than New Year's, but it seems wasteful to just toss the cards into the recycling bin. A lot of them go into a photo album, a few of them get made into gift tags, and then I'm stuck. 

RA's solution is to make a sort of photo book with it and I might try that. But I just imagine a photo book will end up getting tossed into the same dark hole my photo albums go into. 

I don't really know. But until I have to figure that out, you should know that I get a lift every single time I look at this display. It makes me feel festive and loved and surrounded by the best people in the world.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment