Saturday, December 20, 2014

7.20 Lesson - Still Never Learned

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twentieth day of each month is "Lessons."
****************************
Every damn year. I know that finals and the deadline to get things mailed for Christmas Day coincide. I know this. I have it on my calendar.  I get mentally prepared and right after Thanksgiving I make lists and then...life happens. I buy about half the gifts in the first week of December,  I get swamped with grading and prepping classes and making cookies and dentist appointments and new tires for the car and waiting for the results of the MRI my mother-in-law has and picking out the photo for the holiday card and WHOOMP.  Final grades are due and all the presents will be late.
But look!  Some gifts are purchased! Some are even wrapped! But there are many empty boxes to be filled still.  And I didn't even get my cat a gift this year (unless you consider the off-label Furminator to be a present and I am 100% sure she does not), so I am a bad kitty friend.  I'm going to go hide in my closet now.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment