Monday, January 26, 2015

8.26 Support - Sunday Afternoon Project

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will  post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
It's rare that I have a chunk of four or five hours without much I absolutely have to do. I mean, there's stuff I COULD be doing, including working, reading, exercising, or playing fetch with my cat, but it's rare that I'm home alone without a pressing deadline (like that oh my god exciting lesson on the constitutional powers of the presidency that I really need to write before tomorrow morning) for hours.  But yesterday I had that time.  From mid-afternoon through bedtime, I was kickin' it with Steven Harvey and my Singer.
The result is an absolutely unnecessary CD holder.  I have no need for this object, but I was able to practice some techniques and I correctly sewed in the elastic, so my "one new skill per project" goal was met.
 
And when Dr. BB came home, he had nothing but positive things to say about how nice it looked. Even if he was lying (some of the stitches aren't quite straight!), it felt good to have my work valued.

And if you want a hand-made orange CD holder that holds twelve CDs and can conveniently attach to your car's sun visor, please let me know. (I have short legs - really short legs and so when there are things hanging from our visor, they hit me in the head.  I'm jealous of people who can store things on their visor.) I can drop it in the mail tomorrow!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment