Tuesday, January 27, 2015

8.27 Media - Books

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-seventh day of each month is "Media."
****************************
At the end of the day, my favorite medium is the paper book. I love my Kindle and having hundreds of books on one little device, I love listening to podcasts on a tedious drive, and I love trashy magazines at the checkout line, but there is nothing like flipping through the pages of a book and seeing those friendly curves and lines that make the stories happen.  There's nothing like the musty smell of a book that hasn't been taken off a library shelf in years. There's nothing like it.
Dr. BB's "fun" bookshelf. There's no Dostoevsky on my fun shelf, I promise.
When I was young, books were my friends. They transported me to different places, taught me reasoning and logic, and opened doors to other lives and possibilities.  As an adult, I rely on books for information, for escapism, and for intelligent talk with other adults.  

And if I ever do get that tattoo*, it's totally going to be a book cover.

*I'm not going to get a tattoo.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment