Wednesday, January 28, 2015

8.28 Cooking - An Expensive Meal

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-eighth day of each month is "Cooking."
****************************
A couple of months ago I had the most delicious sauerbraten at a restaurant while I was visiting my in-laws.  I talked about it for weeks and finally Dr. BB was worn down and he agreed that we should try to make it at home.

First, we had to go buy the ingredients that included a bottle of wine and a $17 hunk of rump roast.
Then we actually read the recipe and realized that we had to put the hunk of roast into a glass or ceramic bowl with all the liquid ingredients AND a bunch of aromatics, including onion, carrots, and celery and there was no way our "large" mixing bowl was going to be up to the task.

So I took myself off to Target last night in search of a large bowl. This bowl cost more than any article of clothing I am currently wearing. It hurt my soul to buy it.
And then I brought it home and put it all in the bowl. It will sit in the fridge, getting turned at least once a day, until Friday morning when we're going to put it in the slow cooker with a bunch of other ingredients for ten hours while we're at work.
For all the hassle that is this recipe, it better be the most delicious thing we have ever cooked.

Also, where are we going to store this giant bowl?  That's a fine question I currently don't know the answer to.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. I have that bowl! I use it all the time, mostly for giant salads. Right now it's holding bags of chips though. Excellent purchase.

    ReplyDelete