Sunday, February 22, 2015

9.22 Seven Deadly Sins - Pride (Circus Town)

Bestest Friend and I are embarking on a new blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-second day of each month is "Seven Deadly Sins."
***************************
So we recently bought a couch from a national furniture store. The nearest store to our house (so...that's important because that means it will deliver to our apartment) is in this town that I keep calling the "big city" because it has this furniture store, but actually has a population about half of what our town has, so I should probably shut up about it being a big city.  Anyway, I digress.  The town has these circus-themed statues throughout it and they mostly terrified my husband who agreed to stop and let me take pictures as long as he didn't have to ever see them (the photos or the statues, I guess).
I read the plaque (as Roman Mars tells me to do)

[Damn it, in looking up those links, Google showed me an image of Roman Mars and I didn't want to see him - I wanted to continue to think that he was as physically attractive as his voice and now I am a little bit sad.]

and it turns out that in the mid- to late-1800s, this town was the home of over two dozen circus companies and the town is quite proud of its circus history, up to and including making it a selling point that while you're in town you should go to the local cemetery to see the graves of some of the circus folk.
When I got back in the car, I totally made him look at this clown picture because I knew he would be terrified.  I'll be lucky if I can ever get him to stop for me to take a photo ever again.
***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit To Quit.     

No comments:

Post a Comment