Saturday, February 28, 2015

9.27 Media - Concert Going

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-seventh day of each month is "Media."
****************************
I don't actually go to a large number of concerts, but last September I went to the Garth Brooks concert in Chicago and last night I went to see him again, this time in Detroit.  I am actually a native Michigander, so being in Joe Louis Arena, seeing downtown Detroit in all its glory, and just feeling like I was getting this experience in my "hometown" really meant something to me that it didn't before. Also, the September show was early on in the tour and I really feel like we got a better show this time because Brooks and all the musicians seemed really ON.

Anyway, it was glorious.
He played the hits you might expect - "Friends in Low Places," "The Dance," "The River," "The Thunder Rolls," "Callin' Baton Rouge," and "The Beaches of Cheyenne" - but he also pulled out some unexpected friends like "Victim of the Game" and "Standing Outside the Fire."  I jumped up and down, I screamed and screamed and it was the closest I will ever come to actually getting kicked out of a concert.
Motown.  Let's make it great again.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment: