Sunday, April 26, 2015

11.26 Support - Creativity

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will  post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
I listen to podcast after podcast after podcast on my daily walks. And, honestly, the one that makes me laugh more than anything is The Adventure Zone. I don't know how to play D&D, but, as I've written about this podcast before, you absolutely don't have to know anything about it to enjoy this podcast. I just let my mind wander when they're rolling and discussing "leveling up." I'm sure that's enjoyable to true gamers out there, but I just love these guys cracking wise and teasing one another.  And at one point last week, I was laughing while I was walking down the street, making a complete fool of myself, and it was all due to this podcast.

So I took myself to the donation page for the Maximum Fund network and I signed up. It's my job to support creative efforts that bring me such joy.
Rusty car. Not related to the prompt at all. Just the only picture I took today.
So, if you listen/read/watch any free media, take the time to support it in some way - a review on Amazon or itunes, a Facebook post to let all your friends know how hilarious Ophira Eisenberg is, or a monetary donation  - so that we can make sure that the internet remains a place for us to get awesome entertainment.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment