Friday, July 24, 2015

CSA: Week 7

This week brings us some new vegetable challenges:
Summer squash
Cucumbers
Lettuce
Fennel
Cherry tomatoes
Onions
Beets
Green peppers
Cilantro
Kale
Here's what up with each of them.
  • Squash - We have so much squash. Despite attempting to grill it at every meal we can, we're still overloaded. I'm home this weekend, so I'm considering attempting a gluten free zucchini bread. That will probably only get rid of one or two, but if it's successful, I might freeze some of the rest of it for zucchini bread later on when squash isn't quite so plentiful.
  • Cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers - I'll eat those raw with my lunches.
  • Lettuce - This still remains Dr. BB's responsibility. He does pretty well at eating the lettuce, so I don't worry about it.
  • Fennel - We're going to grill this (a simple preparation with lemon topped with parm).
  • Beets - We're going to roast them. I'm going to try to do it on the same day I make the zucchini bread so we only have to run the air conditioner on one day.
  • Cilantro - We put it in someone else's basket. We live in a 100% cilantro tastes like soap household.
  • Kale - Ugh. Who knows? We'll figure something out.  Probably sauteed for a dinner side one night.
  • Onions - We have so many onions. I might try to give them away.
  • Dill - I need some help with this one...maybe I'll try to make a potato salad or something that uses dill as a garnish, but that still will only use a small amount.

1 comment:

  1. Cilantro...is the best thing ever! It makes me so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete