Thursday, August 06, 2015

CSA: Week 9

I'm actually staying with Bestest Friend for a few days and Dr. BB took this photo, but I just want to make it known that apparently my internet connection at home and school is very slow because I feel like I'm living in another world of high-tech with the crazy fast speed of uploading things here. Moving on.

This week brings us:
Zucchini
Cucumbers
Lettuce
Carrots
Tomatillos
Sweet onions
Papalo
Fennel
Dragon's tongue beans
  • Tomatoes, cucumbers, and tomatoes will be eaten raw in lunches.
  • Zucchini will be grilled.
  • I will make iced tea with the papalo.
  • We tried to grill the fennel a few weeks ago, but it wasn't very good. We'll probably roast it this time.  
  • The beans might be a side for dinner or I might eat them raw for snacks.
  • We still have onions from last week, so I don't know what we're going to with them. My guess is that we'll give them away.
  • We've never had tomatillos before, so I'm not sure what the plan is for them. I'll taste test them when I get home and figure it out from there.
  • Lettuce is still Dr. BB's problem. He mostly uses it in sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment